Thursday 24 June 2021

I, My Photo and The Mask

Yesterday, I walked into a photo studio at 13:55 to perform a duty of great national importance: to take a  photo, in fact a passport photo. 

After Younger had taken my pitcha, I walked out to enjoy the empty, clean streets since I was told that it will take 20 minutes until the photo is ready.

At 14:20 I walked back into the studio and to my surprise, they had already printed the passport photos. I immediately suspected that something must be wrong since people are not known to keep time on this end of the town.

As I paid, and waiting for my change, I naturally pulled out the photos to have a look. I was surprised beyond imagination.

"Younger, are you okay in the head?", I asked 

"Why?"

"How can you print passport photos when I am in a mask?"

"You did not remove the mask, it is not my fault."

It did not end just like that but after wading through the circus, I afforded a laugh; at myself and Younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Memories Under the Kampala Sun

  Memories Under the Kampala Sun: A Reflective Journey Through Childhood Challenges and Resilience By WABUYI DENIS Kampala is currently hot,...