Thursday 1 April 2021

Dreams Which Haunt Me

In the infancy of my Christian faith, I used to interpret and lose sleep over dreams. It was not until recently that I convinced my mind that these dreams are actually a continuation of a movie that played out physically or in my mind during the day. Some dreams are as a result of the mounds of kalo or heaps of potatoes that we, villagers crash just a few minutes to bed time.

Uganda Military Police flogging Journalists
(Photo maybe subject to Copyright)
I no-longer scratch my head to understand why in my dream, I was closely following Dr Col Besigye as he commanded us to look out for South Sudanese who killed 9 Ugandans.

I just know that it is a big zest, an animating spirit, a desire for leadership which cares about Ugandans in Uganda and Ugandans outside Uganda. The unanswered question of why Ugandans die like paupers in foreign countries and our rulers are not moved an inch.

I know that it is a result of a fantasy about a  leadership which doesn't look forward to military expeditions to collect money from Americans but a chance to export peace and apathy won by gracious Ugandans to other nations: a leadership that does not glory in keeping its soldiers in another country for 13 years but kind enough to execute a mission successfully and return in one piece. A leadership which does not see a stable East Africa as a threat to its own autocracy but a relief from perpetual violence that have dogged our region for centuries.

Back to my dream:

We were squarely defeated by South Sudanese who were led by Gen Tibs Kaguta. All along, we thought that he was fighting with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Memories Under the Kampala Sun

  Memories Under the Kampala Sun: A Reflective Journey Through Childhood Challenges and Resilience By WABUYI DENIS Kampala is currently hot,...