Friday 23 July 2021

When Uganda attains First World Status


I wrote this post on
July 23, 2015 and shared it on my Facebook page; it was triggered by the news that Mubarak had died from Sudan. A da later, we learnt that Mubarak was actually alive and he, himself had made that stunt so as to extract money from his relatives in form of condolence and funeral arrangements.

When Uganda finally attains first world status, I would like to be there but not alone.

Author with colleagues at a pool table
It came as a shock when they told me that Mubarak has died, an
agemate with whom we grew, fought, shared, cared and schooled.
As we grew, academics started sorting out the weak and for Mubarak, I left him classes back. However he completed school before me not with a bachelors but a P.5 report card.
He would soon make a name beyond our small village as a petty thief that grew up to become a master of cons. But Mubarak should not have died because we laughed and cried together; we had big dreams and plans for the future but he stifled his by dedicating all his time to seeking for money at all costs.
Then Sudan came calling and off he went. The war that broke out in 2013 scared many back but Mubarak stayed and he became part of it.
In February 2016, Mubarak nearly landed me in trouble but thankfully my financial background and education in money laundering came to my rescue. Someone else fall into the trap and Mubarak survived as the hero of the story.
As we awaited when he would return to answer for that heinous crime. Duh, the news came that Mubarak has died. Why, when where I don't know but I have a feeling he should not have died before explaining why he always landed other people in trouble, why his parents had to sell off land to save him from prison in Sudan, why he set a trap and landed Barbra in a trap of 2.5 million but most of all why Mubarak stole the only chicken that I received as a gift after circumcision.

You may not rest in peace Mubarak!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Memories Under the Kampala Sun

  Memories Under the Kampala Sun: A Reflective Journey Through Childhood Challenges and Resilience By WABUYI DENIS Kampala is currently hot,...