Friday 21 May 2021

Before You Can Fight

Since I got my first beard, I stopped fighting useless battles; those battles which you fight, win but they do not add value to you. I learned it the hard way. That will be a story for another day, let me tell you this one.

One time I received a call from some guy, an acquaintance. It was too noisy in the background and could not hear what he was saying. Therefore, I decided to hang up but he immediately called back and I had no choice but endure the noise to pick out what he was saying;

"Are you near Busiu Police Station?", he asked.

I was working from nearby and I replied in the affirmative.

Then came this guy's request.

"Please help us and ask Police guys to come over and help out. We are here fighting and it is a serious one"


I calmly answered him,

"I see very many people at the Police Station and all the police officers seem to be busy; please stop fighting and ask your colleagues to resume the fight later when the police guys are not very busy."

But before I could hang up, I heard him say something like, "okay, let us just come to the police station"

True to his word, in less than 10 minutes I saw two motorcycles arrive at the police station carrying persons, some of who were bleeding. It must have been a bloody fight!

The lesson I picked is that before you start a fight, make sure that you have someone who will readily come in to separate you; or else, you will kill yourselves.

Before sending the rockets, Palestine knew that gracious people will stand up in solidarity and Israel knew that America was on their side. Israel also had iron domes, they did not spend a night in the stadium praying for a miracle.

Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Memories Under the Kampala Sun

  Memories Under the Kampala Sun: A Reflective Journey Through Childhood Challenges and Resilience By WABUYI DENIS Kampala is currently hot,...